Sometimes you just have to accept defeat......

I have a few batches of soap that I make all the time, Black Raspberry Vanilla being one of them. This one's a lot of fun to make just because each and every time it's a challenge. You see I have to get the layers "just right". The consistency of each layer has to be such that it will sit atop the one below it without sinking and not collapse beneath the layer above it. I must admit I still get excited every time I manage to pull it off, I walk around with a big cheesy grin on my face.

So Sunday evening, I attempt to create my lovely Black Raspberry Vanilla layers once more. DISASTER STRUCK! I tried every trick I could think of to get those layers to behave (including a few expletives) but to no avail. Eventually I caved - "layers, you wanna mingle together, huh huh huh? Here's mingling for you!" I grabbed my handy dandy swirling stick and did the only thing I could think of to make the best of a bad situation. I swirled and swirled until I was giddy! You know what? I think I might even prefer the way it looks now AND it's a whole heck of a lot easier to achieve. The moral of today's story is: Sometimes you just have to accept defeat and go with it!


Well Behaved Layers vs. Naughty Layers

Comments

Roxie's mama said…
I love both, but naughty is my fave! So glad it all worked out.
Joanna Schmidt said…
They are both beautiful! Now you have a whole new technique!
Hey I loooove the naughty one!!!
malevolent-mimi said…
mmm if only i knew how to make something so visually satisfying

Popular Posts