Oh No say it ain't so....

....I caught the dreaded COLD!!! Under normal circumstances, I'd welcome the nasty bugger because it forces me to slow down and sometimes get some well needed rest (not to mention a couple of pounds weight loss if I lose my sense of taste). However, the last time I got a cold I actually lost my sense of smell for over a month. I do use measurements when adding my fragrance oils, but if I add and I can't smell anything and I forget that I really can't smell anything then I keep adding until I can smell something.
Ask my co-worker how fragrant my soaps were during that time - they were blow your sox off strong. One batch I swear made her nose hairs curl up!!! We still laugh about that. But come to think of it, that nose hair curling batch sold out pretty darned fast. I guess some people like STRONG! Maybe I should refrain from cooking any soaps for a few days until I'm well again. YEAH RIGHT!!!

Comments

House of Burke said…
Awww! I am sorry that you are sick!! I usually love fragrant soaps too! Your soaps always have such a perfect balance of fragrance! I should know since I use them everyday!! :) Thanks so much for featuring me - you are so awesome and a great support!
marsha said…
Oh noooooooo!!! Ditto the weight loss welcome thing! That's the ONLY upside to getting the flu! Hope you get well real soon ... Take care ... here's sending anti-germ wishes your way! ;)
Roxie's mama said…
Feel better soon!
Corris
inactive_user said…
Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. It's totally disconcerting to lose your sense of smell; I can't imagine if I needed to have one for m work!

Popular Posts